Saturday, March 30, 2013

Glorious

Climbing above the fog
It's hard for me to get up early and get out the door to ride, but I managed to roll out at 6:10a yesterday and really hit the jackpot.
Sunrise--small bump on the left of the horizon is Diablo. White streak is airplane contrail
We rode through the city in heavy fog, then started climbing up the backside of the mountain. We broke through the fog just as the sun started rising.
Clear views atop the sea of fog
It was crystal clear above the fog, with views reaching to Diablo in the east and Mt Tam to the north. Twin Peaks radio tower and the Bay Bridge towers poked through the fog. It was really amazing.
Moon set
I feel so lucky to have such an amazing commute ride. Thanks to Dan for making my coffee and getting me out of bed!

17 miles
1300 feet of climbing

No comments: