Sunday, November 13, 2011

Where would you go? and three rides

I'm itching to travel. After a few years of being relatively home-bound due to injury, I have a lot of catching up to do.



I'm currently considering options for travel. Pluses: international, good weather, good cycling and hiking.

In other news, I've continued to ramp up my riding and did three (short) outdoor rides and two spin classes in the last week. Aged and broken body parts seem to be tolerating this and I seem to be getting a little stronger!

First up: Pleasants Valley Road in Vacaville.


I was pleasantly (hee hee) surprised at how pretty the area was. Must return. Terrain was rolling with nice views and relatively low car traffic.

Next up: climbing highway 9 from Saratoga.

(climbing into the fog on hw9)

The day was chilly and the hills were fogged in, so I dressed warmly. Big mistake: I was roasting and was dripping with sweat at the summit. Climb: 6 miles, 2200 vertical feet. Descent was swoopy and fun!

Today, Dan and I climbed San Bruno Mountain, my favorite local moutain. It was a rare non-windy day, and I once again overdressed and sweltered on the climb.


(view to ocean and road below @ my favorite hairpin)

Despite this, it was an enjoyable climb.


(@ summit with some of the radio towers)

We clowned around a bit at the summit- there is a huge crack in some metal plates covering a pit in the road and we took a picture illustrating same to sent to the park to see if it can be fixed


(not very good, eh?)
5 miles climbing, 1100 vertical feet. And a ripping descent- yeah

2 comments:

ladyfleur said...

That is a horrible gap. Thanks for notifying the park officials.

NadiaMac said...

Haven't heard back yet! I'll keep an eye on it to see if the repairs are made.