Sunday, August 14, 2011

Milestone ride


I was thrilled today to be able to ride to the summit of San Bruno Mountain. Sure I was super slow (in fact, over 15 minutes slower than my take-it-easy climbing pace pre-injury). But, I made it up to the top with no obvious pain in the knee or back, and that was a glorious feeling! Plus, super bonus, I rode out of the saddle for the first time since the injury. This is big stuff for me -- honestly, I didn't know whether I'd ever be able to do some of this stuff again. Here's hoping that the progress continues and I can get back to the riding love again.

2 comments:

ladyfleur said...

I am so excited to hear you're back on the bike, and climbing no less. Awesome news! Let's hope you can continue to ride pain-free. I miss riding with you.

BTW, Thanks for adding me to your blog roll. I just added you to mine too.

NadiaMac said...

Thanks Ladyfleur. I miss riding with you too! hope to get back to group rides in due time. Love your blog!