Sunday, January 16, 2011

back to it

Coastal trail, Marin headlands (near Pirate's Cove)
Glorious sunny day yesterday, and DC and I did a great hike in the headlands. The views were wide-open and the trails relatively uncrowded once we got away from the Tennessee Valley trailhead. It's been quite a while since I've been able to get out and about and hike and I've really missed outdoor activity, especially outdoor activity time with Dan! By mile 7, my bad leg was quite fatigued, but I made it back to the car without significant back or knee pain and this is a major major accomplishment. After 18 mos. of injury, I feel like I am turning the corner. Finally.

Putting this link here http://www.irunfar.com/2010/12/trail-running-in-the-marin-headlands-and-on-mount-tamalpais.html
for inspiration on later hikes. 

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Hooray! So glad you're feeling well enough to get back to hiking. Perhaps following the Law of the Conservation of Back Pain, I've taken some of your discomfort away...